We took a wonderful retirement trip during October. Part of the trip was a cruise and part was trains, planes, buses, and automobiles. We visited Norway, Portugal, Spain, France, and England over a 3-1/2 week period. We spent a cold clear evening in Alta Finnmark, Norway watching the Northen Lights live and up close, under a full moon. We dressed up, dressed for cold weather and made friend furry friends. We traveled over 15, 000 miles and went to places we have not visited before. A great time with a great companion.
We had an interesting experience in Spain. We were planning to spend 2 nights in Madrid and then 2 nights in Valencia. As we were checking into our hotel in Madrid, I had the feeling hit me that we should stay in Madrid for 4 nights and forgo the trip to Valencia. I knew how much Carla wanted to go to Valencia so I really wondered about this strong impression I got. When we went up to our room, Carla said she was feeling like we should stay in Madrid for 4 nights and bypass Valencia. I was surprised that we both had the same impression. We discussed the matter and came to the conclusion to stay in Madrid for 4 nights. I contacted the front desk and made arrangements to stay 2 more nights and I cancelled the hotel we had reserved in Valencia. After 4 wonderful days in Madrid, we flew to Paris. As we were sitting in our hotel room the first night in Paris, I turned on the TV to watch some news. The first report was about severe flooding in Valencia. More than 250 people had been killed and that number was expected to rise. Roads were blocked, airport closed, trains blocked and the city was under water. Carla and I looked at each other after seeing this news report and shared a feeling of relief that we didn't go to Valencia. We were clearly being watched over and are grateful for the impressions we both received.

No comments:
Post a Comment